COVID-19 Information & Safety Protocol
As the state of Oregon and the nation is constantly fluctuating during these difficult times, your safety and wellbeing are our number one priority. UTC will continue to monitor local and statewide regulations as they pertain to COVID-19, we encourage you to stay updated as well via the city of Portland website, along with the state of Oregon website. Please visit our ‘Safety Protocol’ page for more information about how we are staying safe and our plan to keep you safe during the UTC Telecom & Technology 2021.
Below are some of the steps that we are taking to create a safe, educational environment for everyone.
- Temperature checks each day before entering the event. Attendees will receive a different color wristband every morning to confirm they have been cleared to participate.
- Attendees must sign a Personal Accountability and Responsibility Document to confirm that they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 and accept the risk of attending an in-person event.
- Name badges and lanyards will be picked up at a separate registration desk from the health check-in desk and will be required at all times.
- Masks will be required on-site at all times
- Masks will be provided by UTC
- You may also bring your own mask or facial covering
- Hand sanitizer
- Personal-sized hand sanitizers will be supplied by UTC and provided at registration.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the venue
- Additional protocols
- Responsible food and beverage/seating/spacing setups throughout the venue
- Basic hygiene reminders and public service announcements will be included at all Leadership activities, such as a standard safety moment to be reviewed at the beginning of every meeting or education session.
- Appropriate signage and floor decals to reinforce social distancing and other safety reminders will be prominently displayed throughout both the venue.
Personal Accountability Commitment
UTC attendees agree to abide by and engage in certain safe and healthy conduct while attending the event. This includes, but is not limited to, submitting to daily temperature checks, wearing a mask at all times in public areas, engaging in appropriate physical distancing and not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
As a reminder, if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please consider a proxy or attending in the virtual environment:
- Temperature over 100.4 F.
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Dry cough.
- Runny nose.
- Sore throat.
Venue and Accommodations
Our host venues, the Oregon Convention Center and Hyatt Portland, has released their health and safety protocols that provides in-depth details on how they plan to facilitate a safe, secure and healthy environment onsite for all participants.
Travel and Transportation
We are staying up to date on all travel guidelines, considerations and restrictions from national and local authorities. Please click here to see current travel restrictions/requirements by state. If flying into Portland International Airport, click here to download the airport’s COVID-19 travel information.
See what action TSA’s taking in response to COVID-19, click here.
See what major U.S. airlines are doing by visiting their websites: